This module is for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health Workers, Health Practitioners and Aboriginal Liaison Officers involved in the care of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people with lung cancer. It can also be used by nurses and other allied health professionals as well as students.
Completion of this learning module will help you to provide lung cancer information and support by:
- raising awareness of the symptoms of lung cancer and the importance of early detection
- promoting a healthy lifestyle
- ensuring patient care is culturally appropriate
- providing support to the patient, their family and community
- explaining medical information in plain language